Head of Tehran Crisis Management: Housing for victims of the 40-day war in hotels has ended
🔸 The head of the Tehran City Crisis Management Organization announced on Tuesday that the accommodation of citizens whose homes were damaged during the 40-day war has ended in hotels.
🔸 Ali Nasiri said at a press conference that 9,500 families had been housed in 46 hotels, and added: “Last week, accommodation in hotels ended.”
🔸 He also said that most people whose homes had been “completely destroyed” during the war moved into rented houses so that their homes could be rebuilt.
🔸 He did not mention the exact number of these people or the role of the government or the Tehran municipality in renting houses for them.
🔸 In another part of his remarks, Nasiri said that in Tehran, a total of 518 shelters in schools in Tehran had been assessed, but according to him “a significant number of these shelters are no longer usable and need reconstruction.”
🔸 His remarks refer to shelters that were created in schools during the eight-year war between Iran and Iraq.
🔸 The occurrence of two wars over the past year has led to media and officials of the Islamic Republic focusing on the shortage of shelters or facilities for citizens to stay during air attacks. Meanwhile, the way Tehran’s metro stations were used during air attacks was also unclear.
🔸 The head of the Tehran City Crisis Management Organization also said on this matter that when lines one through seven of the Tehran metro were built, “the requirements of passive defense in their design were not taken into account,” and that they were “built with the aim of public transportation.”



Comments
Top comments