🔸Amir Reisyān, a lawyer, said in a message on the X social network on Sunday that Hossein Sabetzadeh, an editor and social media activist, has been sentenced to an additional one year in prison in a new case while in jail.
🔸According to Reisyān, this new ruling was “for a message he had sent from prison on the occasion of his birthday to his friends. Under this ruling, he was sentenced to one year of discretionary imprisonment.”
🔸In Khordad 1403, after a period of no information about him, Hossein Sabetzadeh told his family in a phone call that he had been arrested while on a trip to Ardabil.
🔸He was also tried and sentenced to imprisonment in 1398 due to his activities on social media and the charge of “insulting religious sanctities and the Supreme Leader of the Islamic Republic.”
🔸A few months after his arrest, he was sentenced to a total of 12 years in prison, five years of which was ruled as “the severest punishment” and made executable.



Comments
Top comments