🔶 Associated Press: Trump threatened Oman with bombing because he is unhappy with the country’s agreement with Iran
The Associated Press, citing two regional officials, wrote that Donald Trump, the U.S. president, has threatened to bomb Oman because it is dissatisfied with the country moving closer to an agreement with Iran to manage the passage of ships through the Strait of Hormuz.
The officials said on Tuesday, August 18 (27 Mordad), that the Trump administration told Oman that it opposes parts of an agreement that has not yet been officially announced. Among these is the joint management by Iran and Oman of the exit route from the Strait of Hormuz— a route that is of critical importance for the transfer of global oil and natural gas.
The regional officials had been informed of the U.S. position and how the Trump administration assesses Oman’s position, and because they did not have permission to speak with journalists, they agreed to talk on condition of anonymity.



Comments
Top comments